Sunday, July 17, 2011

To Forgive is To Forget

 For this illu we each got a fortune cookie, and we were asked to illustrate our fortune. Mine was " to forgive is to forget " . As I was thinking how I  should go about illustrating this , I thought whatever happened to Marry and her little lamb!!!!!! Turns out , as Marry grew older , she had a thing for fluffy and fancy furry stuff. So she took advantage of her friendship with the lamb and decided to use it's wool as a scarf !!!! The lamb managed to forgive and forget . I hope this was a wise dessiscion from the lamb.

As far as media, I dabbed with a different technique. I startted off with some watercolor washes , then topped that with some chalk pastels, and just left that there without much blending. I subsequently added more layers of both watercolors and pastels. To sharpen some edges, i went over them with pastel and color pencils.

I noticed some composition adjustments that I wanted to add, and clarify the lamb and scarf a little more. I started working on that , but unfortunately I didn't get a change to finish before leaving Savannah . Here is a little phone pic of how it might look , even though the colors are very off in this one.

No comments: