Sunday, July 17, 2011

Memories of Mexico

While i was walking around admiring the beauty , magic , and charm  of this Mexican city , San Miguel de Allende, I spotted a little round ball in the sky that was tied up to what looked like balloons. As it got nearer I noticed that it was a flying balloon man ! This memory captured me ever since.

I wanted to give Miguel a special treatment , and do something completly different then anything I have ever done before. So , I built the little guy out of wire, foam , and sculpey . Then I painted him , cut out his clothes out of fabric- and voila ! there he was, exactly the way I saw him .

Then for the entire weekend I sculpted, and sculpted, and sculpted those ballons. painted the ballons and background- and there he is . So the next time you are in Mexico , be on the lookout for Miguel and wave to him , it might bring you some good luck .

I still didn't get the high res, better lighting quality  photo for the finished piece , another thing that will have to wait till I get back to Savannah =( but at least I have something to show. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cool!

-Stacey

Gaby Soto said...

I absolutely love this!!!! Adorable Señor Miguel =) !!!!! and you know what? The colors are SO absolutely "San Miguel de Allende" =)

Gaby Soto said...

That was my comment by the way =)

Gaby Soto said...

plus, you included my favorite flower ("alcatraz" is the word in spanish for white calla lilies).... =)