Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm SO Confused Without YOU




 This is my set of I miss you cards !! I wanted my cards to be unconventional , and started thinking of how the people we love influance our everyday lives and often bring more sense and stability to us . Thus, we night be happy enjoying everyday , yet something inside is missing and things don't appear the way the were before. So everything just gets so confusing .  The outside of the card carries the illustration , and the inside will say " I'm so Confused Without You ".
As with Lady Savannah , I painted each character individually
 and then started collaging and transferring some elements. I then made some nice color prints , and cut and pasted different elements on different levels so that they would cast shadows . I then had it lit and photographed and printed out onto.

At first I liked the idea of keeping the backround for the cards a nice clean white , so that it would enhance the actual image and add simplicity to the already complex figure.  However, my curiosity struck me and I started thinking how it would look like if I painted a background. This is what i got :
 I'm actually still not sure what I prefer. I think as a  greeting card set  I would go for a white clean background, but if for an individual illustration I would go for  the colored background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, you're so talented girl!!! But the chicken-thing scares me tbh, if I got that I'd scream lol
Addie xxx