Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homage to King Abdullah

 I have been thinking lately of how fortunate I am to get the opportunity to fulfill my life dream of going to art school and getting my MFA in illustration, and how those dreams have been possible with the help of the Saudi government and especially King Abdullah . With over 30, 000 studetns on full payed scholership in the US alone, many young Saudi's find it possible to travel and study and prepare themselves for a better future. So when i was asked in my Collage class to illustrate an homage piece , I knew that this is one way I can thank the king for all the money and his support to education .  The background design and colors are a reference to Saudi money, but I also didn't want it to be too straight forward. here is a sample of it :

1 comment:

marianitamagat said...

Hi Heba,i loved this the most,as it reminds me of the family i first loved in a foreign country,it reminds of the country that made and molded me into a better person...that whenever i see a picture like this my heart leaps....You are an amazing artist... i do admire you a lot guys,especially your proud parents.. they are just so blessed to have such wonderful children like you.. and i am so proud to be a part of your life... all the best.....xxx nita and family